Select Page

Clean Home, Healthy Baby.

If you notice a musty smell or see mould in your baby’s or child’s room, don’t ignore it!

Mould can be harmful to anyone no matter how healthy, however, young children and babies are far more susceptible. Their immune systems are still developing and especially babies, their lungs are still growing.

In children with no known health problems, mould exposure can cause common allergic symptoms — itchy, red eyes, skin rashes, nasal congestion — as well as asthma. In fact in a recent study published in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology showed that when infants are exposed to mould in the home, their risk for developing asthma more than doubles!

Mould and Asthma Risk for Babies

Babies and children are especially susceptible to the nasty toxins caused by mould, called mycotoxins. These toxins can damage the nervous system and can disrupt normal neurological development in infancy and early childhood and have a lifelong impact on a child’s ability to think. Mould toxins not only cause fatigue, dizziness, and headaches in children but can damage their growing brains. Toxic mould has also been linked to dyslexia and hyperactivity in children. The potential effects of mould can be serious.

Mould: Who is Most at Risk

If you have a problem with mould or notice these symptoms in your child, the good news is that you can resolve these symptoms and regain your child’s health.

The advice given by many experts on the effects of mould on human health is that if you are aware of a moisture problem, fix it!!

If you have a problem with humidity, mould and dampness in your home and are concerned about the health of your baby or child, we have the new technology products and expertise at Damp Solutions Australia to help. Free offer on Antibacterial filters. For more information, ask for Kim.

Free E-book  click this link >>  7 Solutions to a Mould Free Home